Welcome to my blog!
My name is Diana and I’m a 29-year-old from New York. I got my Masters in Library Science in December 2007, which makes me a librarian (I know, I’m awesome). I have yet to find a position, so instead I put off The Real World and went back to school in Ireland for a second M.Phil in Medieval Language, Literature, and Culture. I’m filled with random and rather useless knowledge, but I think that may come with the job description. You can see my resume here.
My main interests are food, librarianship, and books. I used to post on a Sunday-Monday-Wednesday-Friday schedule, but this has fallen to the wayside with schooling. Alas! I have every intention of getting back into a regular blogging schedule once I have a regular life schedule, but that’s anathema when one is in school. Here was the plan:
- Sunday – Book review day! I’ll post reviews of books that I’m reading and books I’ve loved in the past.
- Monday – This is the day I get to post delicious recipes and wax poetic about food in general.
- Wednesday – I’m a budding librarian, so Wednesday is the day I get down to business: article reviews, thoughts on trends and problems, and general library issues.
- Friday – Ah, my day for random ramblings! This is where I’ll put all other miscellaneous information that I’ve been wanting to blog about, funny stories, and generally write whatever I want without thought to applicable content. This is the day I let my inner hamster run free (perhaps dressed in a tutu).
If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And now, some fun facts!
- It’d be nice to be a professional student;
- I love accents, but can’t figure out why people can’t understand me when I say something like “coffee” or “laundry”;
- Books are the way to my heart, followed closely by food;
- I think life is sad without at least a little whimsy;
- I aim to never mature above 5-years-old, at least in some way;
- Mayonnaise is my mortal enemy, the Dr. Horrible to my Captain Hammer (because Nathan Fillion rules);
- I’m constantly convinced someone or something is watching me like I’m on TV;
- I can stare at a wall and entertain myself, it’s one of the glories of being a daydreamer;
- I love old B-horror movies;
More to come…